We are delighted to announce our speakers for Faculty Pub Night 2022-23 at the William H. Hannon Library. This is the thirteenth year of our signature series, first established when the library opened in fall 2009. We hope you will join us this year! Pub Night offers our guests an opportunity to hear LMU faculty present, discuss, and answer questions about their most recent “pub”-lication in a casual setting.
Faculty Pub Night is open to all students, faculty, and staff. Community members are also invited to attend. This year, we have invited the following faculty:
- Nadia Kim (September 13), author of “Refusing Death: Immigrant Women and the Fight for Environmental Justice in LA” (More information and registration)
- Kristin Doidge (October 11), author of “Nora Ephron: A Biography” (More information and registration)
- Doug Christie (November 15), author of “The Insurmountable Darkness of Love: Mysticism, Loss, and the Common Life” (More information and registration)
- Corinna Laughlin (December 6), author of “Redeem All: How Digital Life isChanging Evangelical Culture” (More information and registration)
- Stacey Cabaj, Jason Sheppard, and Christine Breihan (January 24), author of “The Sound of Touch”
- Brian Treanor (February 21), author of “Melancholic Joy: On Life Worth Living”
- Sylvia Zamora (March 21), author of “Racial Baggage: Mexican Immigrants and Race Across the Border”
- Jason Baehr (April 18), author of “Deep in Thought: A Practical Guide to Teaching for Intellectual Virtues”
All events begin at 5:30 p.m. PT. For more information about this series, contact the William H. Hannon Library’s Outreach and Engagement team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.