“LibCal” is the William H. Hannon Library’s new study space reservation system for summer 2021. In this system, LMU students, faculty, and staff can reserve specific spaces for individual use, up to two weeks in advance.
How to Use LibCal to Reserve a Space
Step 1: Select a Library Space
At the top of the page, select which category you would like to reserve: study rooms, study tables, computers, or just browsing the Level 2 and 3 book stacks.
Once you select the type of space you’re interested in, click on the blue rectangles to reserve a space and time. A few things to note:
- Only one person may use each reservable space due to social distancing requirements
- You must keep your mask on at all times when in the library.
- Computer and browsing appointments are shorter (one hour) than study room and study table appointments.
- Select more than one blue bar if you want to reserve more time.
- You are not required to arrive at the start time of your reservation. If something comes up, that’s OK. We will still hold your spot until the end of your reserved time.
Step 2: Submit Your Reservation
Scroll down to the bottom of the page once you select your time slots to make the reservation.
Select “Submit Times.”
Read through the Terms and Conditions for the library as a whole and the specific library space(s) you are reserving, then click Continue.”
Answer a few questions to complete the booking. Enter your name and LMU email address. Only those with campus access may make a reservation at this time. Library reservations do not grant campus access.
- Students on the Westchester campus enrolled for summer or fall semester classes should all have campus access.
- Full-time faculty all have campus access currently.
- Part-time faculty and staff may have campus access. If you are not sure, please contact your department.
- Loyola Law School students do not automatically have Westchester campus access. Please contact Kathryn Ryan to request campus access first and plan for 2-3 business days for that access to be granted.
Once you have answered the questions, click “Submit My Booking.”
Check your email for an email from LibCal. Click the link in your email to verify your reservation.