We are delighted to announce our speakers for Faculty Pub Night 2020-2021 at the William H. Hannon Library. This is the eleventh year of our signature series, first established when the library opened in Fall 2009. We hope you will join us next year at the library!
Faculty Pub Night is open to all students, faculty, staff, and community members. It offers our guests an opportunity to hear LMU faculty present, discuss, and answer questions about their most recent “pub”-lication in a casual setting. Refreshments and snacks will be served courtesy of the William H. Hannon Library.
This year, we have invited the following faculty. The dates, times, and RSVP links for these presentations will be published in late-August.
- Jason Jarvis, author of Greenwashing Los Angeles: The visual politics of oil in Southern California
- Nina Lozano, author or Not One More: Feminicidio on the Border
- Aidin Namin, Julian K. Saint Clair, My Bui, and Mitchell L. Hamilton., co-authors of “Dine-in or take-out: Modeling millennials’ cooking motivation and choice”
- Aine O’Healy, author of Migrant Anxieties: Italian Cinema in a Transnational Frame
- Kate Pickert, author of Radical: The Science, Culture, and History of Breast Cancer in America
- Jennifer Rothman, author of The Right of Publicity: Privacy Reimagined for a Public World
- Anupama Kapse, author of Film as Body Politic: Indian Cinema, the Early Years (rescheduled from Spring 2020)
- Samuel Pillsbury, author of Imagining a Greater Justice: Criminal Violence, Punishment and Relational Justice (rescheduled from Spring 2020)
For more information about this series, contact John Jackson, Head of Outreach & Communications for the William H. Hannon Library, at (310) 338-5234 or firstname.lastname@example.org.