We are delighted to announce our speakers for Faculty Pub Night 2020-2021 at the William H. Hannon Library. This is the eleventh year of our signature series, first established when the library opened in Fall 2009. We hope you will join us next year at the library!
Faculty Pub Night is open to all students, faculty, staff, and community members. It offers our guests an opportunity to hear LMU faculty present, discuss, and answer questions about their most recent “pub”-lication in a casual setting.
This year, we have invited the following faculty:
- Anupama Kapse (September 15), author of Film as Body Politic: Indian Cinema, the Early Years (More information and registration)
- Samuel Pillsbury (September 22), author of Imagining a Greater Justice: Criminal Violence, Punishment and Relational Justice (More information and registration)
- Nina Lozano (October 13), author or Not One More: Feminicidio on the Border (More information and registration)
- Jason Jarvis (November 10), author of Greenwashing Los Angeles: The visual politics of oil in Southern California (More information and registration)
- Jennifer Rothman (December 1), author of The Right of Publicity: Privacy Reimagined for a Public World (More information and registration)
- Aidin Namin, Julian K. Saint Clair, My Bui, and Mitchell L. Hamilton (January 19), co-authors of “Dine-in or take-out: Modeling millennials’ cooking motivation and choice”
- Kate Pickert (February 16), author of Radical: The Science, Culture, and History of Breast Cancer in America
- Aine O’Healy (March 16), author of Migrant Anxieties: Italian Cinema in a Transnational Frame
For Fall 2020, all our Pub Night speakers will present live online, via Zoom, at 5:00 p.m. Registration is required and can be found via the links above and our library events page. The times and locations for our Spring 2021 Pub Night speakers will be announced in November.
For more information about this series, contact John Jackson, Head of Outreach & Communications for the William H. Hannon Library, at (310) 338-5234 or firstname.lastname@example.org.