Need a little stress relief after a strenuous workout or a long day studying? Relax in the Stacks – a massage series offered by LMU FitWell and Hannon Library, is back with extended hours for Spring semester.
Sign up for a 30-minute table massage appointment with our certified massage therapist, Michelle Nakamura. Availability is on a first come, first serve basis.
Students $20 (30 minutes)
Faculty/Staff/Alumni $25 (30 minutes)
For All Appointments:
- Please arrive 5 minutes prior to the appointment start time to check in and fill out any paperwork or payment information.
- To make an appointment, please call 310-338-3049 or stop by the FitWell Center.
- Appointments must be made in advance. You can make a same-day appointment if space allows.
- Methods of payment include: cash, check, student account, Visa or Mastercard.
- Massages available during the academic year only. Dates and times are subject to change due to university holidays and breaks.
What should I wear?
Please wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing or workout clothes. If you would like the therapist to focus on your legs, please wear shorts to the appointment.
What will the table massage be like?
Table massage includes an upper (back, shoulders, neck) and lower (legs) body massage performed by a licensed massage therapist. The client may voluntarily remove clothing for the upper body portion if preferred. You can request light, medium, or deep pressure, even hand reflexology and scalp massage.
Can I request the type of massage/technique?
Absolutely! Techniques used: Acupressure, percussion, compressions, and stretching.
Relax in the Stacks is a joint initiative of FitWell (LMU Campus Recreation) and the William H. Hannon Library.