UPDATE 2018-10-05: As of October 5, we have changed group study room systems. Due to technical issues transferring reservations from one system to another, reservations from Saturday, October 6 – Tuesday, October 9 did not transfer to the new system. Please check all your existing reservations by signing in below, and re-create any that are missing in the new system. We apologize for the inconvenience and we are working to resolve this issue. Please contact the Information Desk if you need help making reservations in the new system.
The system that manages our study room reservation system, AgilQuest, has undergone some significant changes in the past few weeks. Much of this is on the back-end that our users will never see, but beginning October 5, 2018, you may experience some difficulty reserving rooms as we transition over to the new system.
To that end, we offer you this brief step-by-step guide to help you through the process of reserving a group study room. Special thanks for reference assistant Kathryn Ryan for putting this together.
Reserving Group Study Rooms (Beginning October 2018)
Step 1: Start on the library website and choose Study Rooms, then click on Book a Group Study Room.
Step 2: Choose how you would like to reserve a room.
- Want to find the exact room you want, or know you want a certain view? Choose Search by Floorplan.
- Just need any room that’s free? Choose Search by Calendar.
- Want to see only rooms available for the whole time you need, or want to reserve on your phone? Choose Search by List (You will not see rooms that are only available for part of the time you’re searching. This option is easier to use on smaller screens like your phone.)
Step 3: Make sure to adhere to study room policies!
- Reserve your room up to 2 weeks in advance and check in to your reservation at the start of the reservation to confirm that you arrived. Reservations will be deleted 15 minutes after the start of the reservation if you do not check in.
- You can check in on your own devices, at the screen by the door, or on library computers. Always check in, even if the screen by the door is not awake.
- Reserve up to four hours at a time, with one hour between any reservations.
- Groups have priority in the group study rooms.
Reserve Rooms Using the Search by Calendar Option
Search by Calendar is the easiest way to see all available rooms.
Click on the space and time you want to reserve. In the example above, the cursor icon is on the 5-6 p.m. block of time for room 204. Click once to open a reservation box.
In this box, you can change the time of the reservation to a longer time period. You will also need to enter a Reservation Name (which will show at the screen at the door) and the number of people using the room.
Click on the up or down arrows or type the time you want your reservation to end, and click Apply. Reservations cannot be made for more than four hours at a time, and any other reservation must start at least an hour after your reservation ends.
Once the reservation time is set, type in the reservation name and the number of people attending. The rest of the fields are optional. The reservation name will appear at the door and online for others to see. Click Submit when finished.
The calendar will show your reservation. Your reservation name, name, and time of reservation will appear when you hover over the red section.
Checking in to a Reservation
On the group study room website, scroll down past the reservation options to Upcoming Reservations. Then click Check In to confirm that you are present to use the room. You may check in anytime that day online, or you can check in at the door panel at the start time of the reservation.
You must check in before 15 minutes into the reservation start time, or the reservation will be deleted as the system assumes you no longer want the room.
That’s it! If you have any questions or problems with study rooms, please don’t hesitate to contact us.