Do you need a portable phone charger for the next 24 hours? You can now check one out at Tech on 2 ! We are helping ITS pilot test OOMF Omnicharge: a self-service vending machine that allows library users to borrow portable power supplies for 24 hours.
To check out a charging unit:
- Download the OOMF app to your phone (iPhone or Android).
- Create an account via Facebook or your email address.
- Enter your credit/debit card information. The first 24 hours is free. You can keep the charger for longer at a rate of $20/day, up to $300. OOMF will send you reminders via email or text.
- Unplug and remove the charger from the charging station.
- Sign into the app and click “Identify” under “Activate a Charger” and indicate the 4-letter code on the back of the charger.
The app will automatically connect your charger and activate it. You’re good to go! To return the charger, bring it back to the station, insert it into any empty slot, and plug the charging cord back into the charger.
Stop by the Tech on 2 desk (level 2) to learn more.
Some things to note:
- The portable power supplies do not come with the necessary cords to connect your device, but you can check one out from Tech on 2.
- The loan period is 24 hours, regardless of library hours. If you wait to the last minute to return the device and the library happens to be closed, you will be charged.
This is a pilot project, so any questions or comments would be useful.